KADDI expects graduates to be highly proficient in use of the computer. During the program, students will become skilled in using a password protected web-based computer system. All assignments will require
use of the computer. Interns are expected to clock in and out with a daily time log, complete assignments and upload them via an online portal. Each assignment has an online rubric and the preceptor will evaluate student work using the portal. Interns will
also be completing surveys and self-evaluations. The program creates an account for each student with demographic data.
Equipment / Software
Interns are responsible for having the following items. If you do not have them, they will need to be purchased at your own expense.
- Email account – do not use a school account. These are often shut down a few months after graduation
- Computer (laptop preferred) with at least
128MB RAM with up-to-date antivirus program and JAVA capable browser
- Chromebook running Google’s Chrome OS is inadequate
speed Internet connection (files will be uploaded and downloaded frequently)
- Webcam and headset with earphones and microphone (required for online meetings – KADDI identifies you during
meetings by seeing your image)
- Scanner (may be incorporated into printer or may use smart phone application such as Scannable
or Tiny Scan if it will combine pages into one file and is readable)
- Required software includes: Microsoft Office 2010 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). PDF Pro 10 is recommended as
it will allow you to combine several documents into one .pdf file.
Do not plan to use a web-based computer (e.g. Chromebook running Google’s Chrome OS) and Google documents to complete assignments
during the program. This is insufficient. You must have access to required software (Microsoft Office 2010 or later with Word, Excel and PowerPoint).