There is no graduation ceremony from the program. In order to complete the program and receive a verification statement to take the national RD exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the intern must:
- Complete 1212
or more supervised practice hours
- Finish all the internship assignments in the curriculum with a satisfactory score (≥3 on a 4 point scale)
- Fulfill all ACEND-required competencies for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (CRDNs) with a satisfactory
score (≥3 on a 4 point scale); the competencies are covered during the curriculum
- Before the elective rotation, the intern is required to take a 125 question final competency exam designed help prepare the student to take the Registration Examination
for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. If the intern does not pass it with a score of ≥70%, he or she is not allowed to begin the elective rotation and must study to take it again in 1 week. If the intern still does not pass, he or she may begin the elective
rotation, but must take the exam again for the final time in one month.
- If the intern passes the exam and finishes all other requirements for program completion, a verification statement will be awarded.
- If the intern takes the exam three
times without passing and finishes all other requirements for program completion, the verification statement will still be awarded. However, the intern will be encouraged to seek testing for learning disabilities as it may be they require special accommodation.