Technology Policy and Requirements
The KADDI expects graduates to be highly proficient in use of the computer. During the program, students will become skilled in using a password protected web-based computer system. All assignments will require use of the computer. Interns are expected to clock in and out with a daily time log, complete assignments and upload them via an online portal. Each assignment has an online rubric and the preceptor will evaluate student work using the portal. Interns will also be completing surveys and self-evaluations.
The program creates an account for each student with demographic data. Students will need a scanner to prepare some documents for uploading. There is a portfolio function where interns will create their own website and put examples of their work for potential employers to view. The website is available for three years after graduation.
Interns are responsible for having the following items. If you do not have them, they will need to be purchased at your own expense.
Required Equipment / Software
- Email account (must contain your first and last name)
- Computer (laptop preferred) with at least 128MB RAM with up-to-date antivirus program and JAVA capable browser
- High speed Internet connection (files will be uploaded and downloaded frequently)
- Webcam and headset with earphones and microphone (required for proctored exams)
- Scanner (may be incorporated into printer or may use smart phone application such as Tiny Scan if it will combine pages into one file and is readable)
- Required software includes: Microsoft Office 2010 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)