Apply to KADDI
KADDI participates in both fall and spring matches and has full-time and part-time options.
Spring 2018 match, KADDI expects to match up to 40 full-time interns and 5 part-time interns.
The GRE is not required to apply to KADDI.
Next full-time class begins January 8, 2018 with three weeks pre-orientation case study activities to be done at home. Then you will come to Tulsa, OK for orientation January 29 - February 1.
Students must complete a minimum of 1212 hours of supervised practice. This occurs in a variety of educational settings and may include hospitals, clinics, long-term care and rehabilitation centers, schools, foodservice kitchens, and community health entities. Interns in this program are responsible for finding and suggesting their own preceptors. However, the KADDI program will screen all preceptors and sites to ensure they meet minimum qualifications and demonstrate required credentials and knowledge about the specific area of expertise related to dietetics. The program’s legal department will also obtain affiliation agreements with all facilities.
The curriculum has already been developed for you and your preceptors. A handbook is provided for preceptors and they are encouraged to take advantage of the free training available through the Commission on Dietetic Registration. The program also provides access to free continuing professional education credits (CPEUs) through a journal club for preceptors and access to the Molly Kellogg Counseling Workshop.
KADDI prefers applicants have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a grade of B or better in all didactic dietetic courses. Work or volunteer experience is encouraged and is scored by the applications committee; however, those without work experience will not be excluded from consideration. All qualified applicants will be given an online aptitude test that will be used when making ranking decisions.
KADDI participates in Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service. The DICAS website is accessed at https://portal.dicas.org. Their email is DICASinfo@dicas.org. KADDI takes part in both the spring (April) and fall (November) matches. The online application must be completed by 11:59pm central standard time on February 15 for the April match and by September 25 for the November match. DICAS charges $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
The DICAS application must include:
Personal Statement - please use the same instructions as you find in DICAS. KADDI uses the personal statement to evaluate your ability to write a decent sentence and write an essay that is free of misspelled words, grammar mistakes and typos.
Transcripts – official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be sent to DICAS – Transcript Dept., PO box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472. DICAS will scan transcripts and place an electronic copy of each into your application. NOTE: You may apply to KADDI prior to graduation, but KADDI will require an official copy of the final transcript when your degree is posted for interns matched to our program.
Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent – This will be submitted to DICAS by your Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) program director. The DICAS website has directions. NOTE: KADDI will require you to send an original verification statement if you are matched and admitted to our program.
Recommendations – When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (email address) for each reference. This triggers an email message requesting completion of a recommendation form which is completed online. Students submitting applications to multiple internships should choose them so as to use the same individuals as references for each application. Please include one recommendation from a professor, one from a work or volunteer supervisor and one other of your choice. We recommend the third be from another professor. Do not use a family member or social friend.
KADDI does not charge a fee to review your application, however, KADDI wants to get to know you and requires a Supplemental Application. This should be postmarked by the same date as your application is due to DICAS. Applications received after October 1 may not receive consideration. Please include the items listed below and send to:
Keith & Associates Distance Dietetic Internship
115 W. 3rd Street, Suite 800
Tulsa, OK 74103
Supplemental Application (download KADDI Application Checklist and follow it exactly).
- Resume - send us your resume.
- Trial Calendar - plan a draft calendar of your internship; the 8-week rotations go in the order you choose and negotiate with your sites and preceptors. You can change the calendar after you are accepted if needed.
- Facility Forms - include a form for each site where you intend to go. Be sure to list the name of the person in charge of executing affiliation agreements. KADDI is happy to contact
that person for you after matching.
- Preceptor Forms - completed KADDI form (link is below) for primary preceptors for clinical, foodservice and community rotations. The same RD can serve as both clinical and foodservice preceptor if it is to be done in the same facility. You must have preceptors identified when we review your application. Please include the preceptor's resume and pertinent continuing education (see preceptor form for details). You may line up a preceptor and site for the entrepreneurship rotation while in the program. Although it is not required, KADDI recommends having more than one preceptor for community rotations - it will be a richer learning experience for you.
- Prior Assessed Learning form and supporting documents if you are requesting credit for learning from work or volunteer experiences. There is a $50 fee for this service. Submit a check or money order payable to KADDI with your supplemental application.
- Any other information you want us to know and consider when reviewing your application (how many hours you worked while in school, participation in sports, etc.).
If you have questions about how to apply to KADDI, call the director Patti Landers at (918) 574-8598 or email KADDI@consultingdietitians.com
KADDI application checksheet
Use this form to be sure you have submitted all required paperwork. KADDI gives preference to applicants who send complete and organized documents.
Preceptor Qualifications Form - MS Word (revised 7-6-2017)
Include one of these forms for each preceptor. This is a required part of the supplemental application.
Preceptor Qualifications Form -PDF (revised 7-6-2017)
This is a .pdf version of the preceptor qualifications form.
How to Access and Print PDP Log (for Preceptors)
This is to help preceptors who need to download their Professional Development Portfolio. Please see the explanation of why this is requested - it is on the preceptor form.
Facility Form (7-5-17) - MS Word
Include one of these forms for each facility where you will do rotations lasting more than one week. This is a required part of the supplemental application.
KADDI Prior Assessed Learning Policy and Evaluation Form (9-28-17)
Use this form only if you are requesting credit for learning during work or volunteer experiences. This is not a required part of the supplemental application.