Estimated Costs, Financial Aid, Loan Deferments
Total costs will be $12,000 - $15,000 depending on your living expenses and geographic location. Costs and payment due dates are the same for full- and part-time options. Below is a detailed breakdown of expected costs.
BEFORE MATCH DATE:
- NO FEE for KADDI to review your application
- DICAS fee - pay $45 to Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service for first application and $20 per application thereafter
- D&D Digital - pay $55 to D&D Digital to participate in the national matching process
AFTER MATCH DATE:
- $10,750 tuition (pay first half of $5,375 upon accepting appointment; second half of $5,375due on first day of orientation week in Tulsa)
- $200 book expense (less if texts are rented)
- $58 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership dues
- $75 Nutrition Care Manual subscription
- $5 to $20 Academy Member Interest Group dues
- $100 - $200 for uniform clothing (nonslip shoes, khaki slacks, collared shirt for foodservice, lab coat if required by facility)
- Physical exam with your physician and medical insurance (cost variable depending on your policy coverage)
- $1000 for travel, lodging and subsistence for orientation week in Tulsa, OK (may be less if you choose to share a room with another intern)
- $36 ServSafe certification exam required (if not already certified get information at ServSafe.com)
- $50 American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (no other certification is acceptable)
- Transportation, living and professional clothing expenses while you are in the program are geographically variable (depends on where you live)
- The following expenses are paid by Keith & Associates (liability insurance, drug testing, criminal background check, Molly Kellogg Counseling Workshop, RDN exam review course, electronic time log and competency tracking with 3-year access to student portfolio after graduation)
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
- graduates pay $200 to Pearson Vue to take Registered Dietitian Nutritonist exam
Tuition may be paid in two installments. The first payment is due when the intern accepts the appointment. The remainder is due on the first day of orientation. Fees are non-refundable.
Due upon enrollment: $5,375
Due on first day of orientation: $5,375
* KADDI takes personal checks and credit card payments (3.5% courtesy charge for credit card).
COMPENSATION and Loan Deferments POLICY
The Keith & Associates Distance Dietetic Internship program does not offer financial aid, scholarships, stipends or compensate students who are enrolled. Dietetic interns in this program are not eligible for federal student financial assistance programs administered by the U.S. Department of Education. However, personal loans may be available from a bank. Some, but not all, lenders will allow educational loan payments to be deferred during the internship with a letter stating that the internship leads to eligibility to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians/Nutritionists. KADDI will provide a letter upon request.